Before we start….Do you also ever feel like “Blogs” tend to just be something trendy for businesses to do? We can certainly tell by some of the lacklustre content shared out there, and that’s why we feel it’s really important to once again share our blog’s intention:
We are here to help demystify the seemingly complex world of marketing and assist businesses in navigating the landscape.
The heavy use of buzzwords and business jargon often fails to really explain clear steps and concepts, leaving most people puzzled.
In this blog, our goal is to provide you with a real-life example of Social Media Marketing and explain why it's a “Must-Do” for all businesses.
75% of marketers now attribute social media marketing to increased website traffic, making it the driving force behind brand visibility, customer acquisition, retention and engagement.
So get ready to explore with us, the importance of social media marketing, with a particular focus on the role of a well-defined content calendar and a real application by one of our clients, the Aielli Group.
The Significance of Social Media Marketing:
It is clear that the digital age has redefined the way businesses interact with their customers. Social media platforms have become more than just tools for communication and are now review sites, booking channels and it’s becoming even more powerful.
52% of business and brand discovery is now coming from social media and your business will be “assessed and judged” by your social media efforts.
Therefore, it's really about creating a presence, building a community, and crafting compelling stories. To do so, you need a clear strategy or risk the chance of missing out on all the benefits of social media.
This is where the concept of a content calendar comes into play.
The Role of a Content Calendar:
A content calendar is your blueprint for your social media marketing efforts. It defines what you post, when you post, and where you'll post your piece of content. Call it a “hub” that streamlines content planning and publication, bringing all the creative ideas together and allowing you to execute on time.
So, why is a content calendar important?
- Consistency: You are ensuring that you post regularly and they are created with a goal in mind, which is vital for retaining an engaged audience as well as having an impact.
- Organization: We all know that business can be hectic and your calendar keeps your content strategy well-organized and easy to manage, taking into consideration key business dates as well as just life events and availability.
- Focus: This one might be the most important of all. Your content calendar helps you align your content with your broader business goals. You are crafting content to be delivered with a clear goal and it shapes your overall long term brand image.
Real-World Example: World Food Day - October 16th
Let's explore a real-world example of how a content calendar can make a difference. World Food Day, celebrated on October 16th. It is an occasion to raise global awareness, take action against hunger, promote food security and sustainable agriculture.
They shared how their brand supports the community and how they consider food sustainability. The posts were timed to their opening and service times as well as complementing previous and future content. As a result, these posts received positive community feedback, raised awareness about the issue, and created a positive image for the brand.
Events and themes for your content calendar are imperative and it can be a mix of business, pleasure and real life events that impact your business and audience.
Tips for Implementing a Content Calendar:
To make your content calendar not just a concept and actually work for you, consider the following tips:
- Create a Comprehensive Quarterly Plan: Define your posting schedule, content themes, and goals for the next 3 months. Adjustments are part and parcel of this process, but having a clear plan will ensure you are aligned with your business goals and have enough time to create your content pieces.
- Use Tools: Although many of our drafts and brainstorming still happens with pen and paper, it is essential to utilise software and apps designed for content planning and scheduling. We are notoriously fond of the G-Suite, with Google Sheets etc., but fantastic tools are also:
- Stay Flexible: Be prepared to adjust your calendar as much as needed. The digital world evolves quickly, and your strategy should evolve with it. Likewise, you will receive a lot of data to understand what works for your audience and business, allowing you to decide on shifting your focus to the right mediums and platforms accordingly.
This World Food Day example is just one instance where a content calendar and planning can shine. In a world with so many great reasons to communicate and “be social” with your customers and prospects it is just a case of formalising these opportunities.
Social Media Marketing is a necessity and, at its heart, is your organized content calendar serving as the essential tool to harnessing its potential.
So, let this be a catalyst for your social media marketing journey! Start by creating a content calendar that aligns with your business vision and goals. The results will be more than worth the effort and as always we are just one brief message away to offer our insights and help if needed.
I want to receive more content like this!
Sign up below to receive News, Updates, Tips, Tricks, Heartfelt Apologies, and Pictures of Cats